Looking to upgrade to a performance exhaust system on your Volvo S60? You came to the right place. Here, we’ll go over the best options for Volvo S60s and how each one will benefit you.
Advantages of Upgrading to a Performance Exhaust System
When they say that performance exhaust systems will improve your S60’s performance, here’s what they mean:
- Increased horsepower and torque: Performance-boosting exhaust systems are designed to dispel the exhaust gases as efficiently as possible, allowing the engine to breathe better and produce more power.
- Improved fuel economy: Yes, really! Performance exhausts improve your engine’s overall performance by maximizing the exit of exhaust gases from the cylinders. This leads to increased fuel efficiency.
- Louder, deeper growl: Performance exhausts remove sound absorbing materials, which is one of the reasons they improve efficiency. Of course, this also means your engine will growl like it never has before.
Quality is Everything
Not all performance exhaust systems are created equal. When shopping for a performance exhaust system, look for one that’s:
- Made of high-quality materials, and offered by a well-known company with a good reputation
- Dyno-tuned as part of the development process...beware of "DIY" systems that aren't backed by experienced designers
- Covered by a comprehensive warranty policy
- Sold by a reputable aftermarket performance shop
We offer high-quality performance exhaust systems for Volvo S60s. We have full confidence in all the products we carry. In fact, we don’t even sell anything we wouldn’t install on our own cars. That’s why you can shop at EuroSport Tuning with confidence.
You might be wondering which performance exhaust system options would work best for your Volvo S60. We have two suggestions: cat-back pipe and down pipe.
The Best Options for Your Volvo S60
1. Cat-Back Exhaust System
With a cat-back exhaust system, you’re basically replacing the muffler and tailpipe in order to increase your exhaust gas flow. It’s called cat-back because it focuses on the area between the catalytic converter and the exhaust tips. It’s a popular modification because it’s emissions-legal and an easy and affordable way to increase your S60’s power.
2. Downpipe (Turbo Models Only)
Another popular performance exhaust system upgrade for the S60 is the downpipe. If you replace the factory downpipe with a performance-grade aftermarket unit, you’ll typically see a substantial increase in overall horsepower. When combined with a cat-back exhaust system and an upgraded an enigne tune, a new downpipe is one of your best performance upgrades (in terms of dollars per horsepower).